RentSafe is about people and organizations working together.
RentSafe is an intersectoral initiative led by the Canadian Partnership for Children’s Health and Environment (CPCHE).
The RentSafe Project Team, led by Erica Phipps, CPCHE Executive Director, guides and implements RentSafe activities, often in collaboration with others.
RentSafe has benefitted from the guidance and involvement of a broadly diverse RentSafe Advisory Committee
Organizations that have led or contributed to specific RentSafe activities include:
- Association of Supervisors of Public Health Inspectors of Ontario (ASPHIO)
- Centre for Environmental Health Equity (CEHE) / Queen’s University
- Canadian Environmental Law Association (CELA)
- Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA)
- Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO)
- Canadian Institute Of Public Health Inspectors – Ontario (CIPHI-ON)
- Community Voices / Bruce Grey Poverty Task Force
- Environmental Health Institute of Canada (EHI-Canada)
- Grey Bruce Health Unit
- McMaster Institute for Healthier Environments
- Municipal Law Enforcement Officers’ Association (MLEOA)
- M’Wikwedong Indigenous Friendship Centre
- Ontario Association of Property Standards Officers (OAPSO)
- Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA)
- National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (NCCDH)
- Ryerson University
- South Riverdale Community Health Centre (SRCHC)
- The Local Community Food Centre
- The Table Community Food Centre
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- York Region Public Health
The first three years of RentSafe (2015 – 2018) were made possible by a grant to Canadian Partnership for Children’s Health and Environment (CPCHE), via the Environmental Health Institute of Canada as the lead CPCHE partner, from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
The RentSafe EquIP research project in Owen Sound, which builds on the Ontario-wide RentSafe initiative, is led by the Centre for Environmental Health Equity (CEHE, Queen’s University) and funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
A RentSafe Tenants’ Rights Advocates Network was launched in November 2017 at the RentSafe Tenants Advocates Retreat. See their videos.